As a partner organization, REC participates in the implementation of the project “Improvement of visitor’s capacity infrastructure and sustainable management of the Blidinje Nature Park“, which is financed by the Federal Ministry of Environment and Tourism.
Overall objective of the project is to improve the management of the Blidinje Nature Park based on the principles of sustainable use of natural heritage with the aim of socio-economic development of the local community.
- Development of visitor infrastructure and attractive tourist content
- Popularization of the park as an essential place to visit in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Increase the number of visits to the protected area
- Raise the level of visitors’ knowledge about the importance of the natural heritage of Nature Park Blidinje
- Development of Marketing plan for the Blidinje Nature Park, which will be used to design tourism offer (products, experiences and events) of the Nature Park Blidinje Park design and to promote the cultural, historical and economic importance of the Park itself.
The activities are divided into three components:
- INFRASTRUCTURE ACTIVITIES – activities that include the procurement of equipment and infrastructure works for the development of visitor infrastructure and attractive tourist facilities.
- DEVELOPMENT OF MARKETING PLAN – which will be used to design tourism offer (products, experiences and events) of the Nature Park Blidinje Park design and to promote the cultural, historical and economic importance of the Park itself.
- PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES – activities that include creating a website and social networks of Public institution Nature Park Blidinje and printing the Blidinje story catalog with the aim of popularizing the park as an essential place to visit in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Improved public tourist infrastructure and created the necessary infrastructure prerequisites for the development of tourism and sustainable management of the Blidinje Nature Park;
- Increased number of recorded visits to the protected area;
- Economically valorized cultural, historical and traditional heritage in a sustainable sense;
- Created Marketing plan;
- Improved capacities and competitiveness of tourism sector stakeholders;
- Presented and promoted cultural tourism offer with the aim of creating a recognizable tourist destination.
Project duration: 12 months (November 2022 – November 2023)
Overall project value: 70.500 BAM
Coordinator: Public institution “Nature Park Blidinje”
Partners: REC BiH – Resource Environmental Center
Source of Funding / Donor: Federal ministry of environment and tourism